Monday 4 March 2013

First Email from Sister Pearson- The MTC Experience


Sharing my first email from Sister Hailey Pearson!!

So I LOVE the mtc!! Seriously I got here and I haven’t stopped smiling since. Remember how we weren’t sure how many people would be going to my mission with me? Well MY WHOLE DISTRICT IS GOING TO POLAND!! There are 6 elders and 6 sisters and they are all so amazing and so uplifting! All 6 of us girls are in the same room I am starting to get use to it even though it’s so crowded but I love them all. My companion is AMAZING! Her name is siostra lidtka and she is from Washington and she looks like a tan version of Rachel mcadams the girl from the vow and the notebook. We get a long great and she is so kind. The lord has truly blessed me with my district. I feel so much love through him just by the people he gave me. So polish is really hard like really hard but it’s so good at the same time!! The first day I got here we went to these rooms where they had missionaries teaching an "investigator" and then they would leave and we would all teach them it was so fun!! And then I had to start polish.

I actually love it so much though and you would be so amazed of what I already know!! I can bear my testimony say a prayer and introduce my self as a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints! I would you could hear me say it its so cool! So on Friday my companion and me taught our first investigator named Arek. IN POLISH it was a gong show since we spoke like nothing and we would ask him a question like if he knew god and he would respond but we would have no idea what he said! So I pretty much laughed the entire time. I felt bad after but there’s not much we could do. Its really interesting because one of our teachers oh and by the way I heard my teacher speak English for the first time on Saturday. All of our lessons have been completely in polish and it’s like a giant game of charades the whole time. Its so fun but I just want to know it all right now!! But the lord is blessing me with the gift of tongues as we speak I already know so much for only having lessons for like 4 days anyways my teacher told us that they’re trying to overwhelm us cause its so much everyday! So much polish and so much learning! But she said that was there intentions because it’s the only way we will rely completely on the lord well learn to. Which makes total sense!! And that is exactly what I'm trying to do! I don’t think I’ve even prayed so much in my life! But the spirit is so strong here it’s impossible not to love every minute. And zero time is ever wasted here because I am on the Lord's errand and I need to make every minute of it count. Although p day is awesome!!! It’s so nice to have a little break-even this is all so busy to!! We went to the temple this morning and iom vbeing timed right now for emailing its os stressful!!! I feel like imp going to pop a vain! Missionary work is the best thing I have ever done in my life it brings me such joy! I miss you all so much but I'm so busy that I barely have time to miss you!!! You should be proud I haven’t cried once the entire time of being here. But everyone should dear elder me cause I get them that very day you send them and then I can just email you back and write you back! It’s so organized here!
I love you all so much and I miss you like crazy but I am having the best time of my life here!! Wish I had more time but I don’t! So write dear elder and me me al ill email again next Monday!!! wiem ze ksiega mormona za prawgwa to swientvo mi pomaga miech najaya (the spelling is way of but i didnt even look at it thats just from memory!!)
xoxoxoxox
Your Daughter
Siostra Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment