Monday 18 November 2013

November 18th - When we sacrifice for the Lord, He will bless us

So Warsaw... I can’t successfully put into words the wonders of this past week. Sister Tobler and I are doing great and the Lord is providing so many miracles!!!
We have so many different people that we are working with and we are so busy all the time! I’m exhausted and it feels great! The people here seem to be a little more open to the gospel than in Kato. Maybe it’s just cause I talked to everyone in Katowice already and they knew who I was. Warsaw has this wonderful atmosphere and its so big and open. It’s really hard to explain but I have been able to meet, teach and talk to so many wonderful people! In fact a lady I taught on a white board a couple days ago came to church yesterday! That has never happened to me before! The Lord has been putting people in our paths and he is preparing so many people to accept the gospel!

This week Sister Tobler and I decided to do the "Purification Process"! There was a talk given to missionaries all about this purification process. It’s a 40 day fast!! Luckily not from food or water but from things as missionaries we want to change or not do anymore. So we studied the white handbook for missionaries and made a list together of the things that we struggled with or things we wanted to improve on. It was very humbling and unifying. It was really cool because all the things we put on the list weren’t horrible. They weren’t things that were causing us to be disobedient or wrecking our missions but they were things that we recognized we could be better at.
I know that when we sacrifice for the Lord that he will bless us.

So that’s what we did! We made a list of all the things we struggled with and wanted to be better. It’s all about going the extra mile to be who the Lord wants us to be. The best possible version of ourselves!

So yesterday we started our 40 day fast with a real fast and from now until December 26th! We will be doing the purification process! I can’t wait! It’s going to be so hard!! but I can already see the Lord's hand more. Helping us everyday and we need the extra blessings!! We need HIS help in HIS work! We need miracles. I already feel the wonderful effects of this and I cant wait to let you know how it goes!

There were so many things that happened that I don’t even know where to begin! I just love Warsaw, I love being a missionary and I love these people. I read a scripture today that I LOVED, "Behold I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life." -
3 Nephi 5:13

That is what I am here to do. I am here because I know that the This gospel is true and that Jesus Christ is our Champion!! (that’s from President Uchtdorf) and I want to help everyone else, especially these wonderful Poles, feel the happiness of the gospel and to receive everlasting life!! It’s a huge deal! and that’s why I love it so much.
The members here are amazing! I miss Kato all the time but its so fun to get to know more people and love them! We went this week to a members house named Jadwiga, her husband died about 7 years ago. She was never able to have children so she’s completely alone. When we went to her house we asked her to share her conversion story with us and it was beautiful! It just shows me that it is proof that people really are being prepared here! She’s been a member for about 10 years and she’s as happy as ever! She’s so cute.

I LOVE understanding polish!! My comprehension has really improved over the last few transfers and even though I might not be able to always say very much it’s so great to be able to talk with people and listen to them and hear about their lives and just serve them! It was so great!

There were so many miracles this week I can’t even successfully share them all with you! But this week I am going to need extra prayers! It’s going to be the best and it’s going to take a lot of faith and work. I can’t wait!

Love,
Siostra Pearson


No comments:

Post a Comment