Tuesday 13 August 2013

August 12th 2013 - Zart! such a cool Polish word!

CZEŚĆ!!!

cześć dziewczyna!

Well this week was the worst! ŻART! It was the best, żart means joke by the way. I just yell it really loud now when I’m joking and Sister Petherbridge almost pee's her pants. So for real this week was great! I think its because we had a good P-day and sometimes that helps everything!! This week we went to a CASTLE with Elder Neuner and Wilson. We had a blast! It was so dang hot but we loved it! We could only see it from the outside but it was great! We had to find a new email place so hopefully I can figure out how to send pictures!!

This week Barbra (one of our former investigators) son was visiting from England! He is a return missionary and he's getting married in the temple. He is pretty much the coolest. Anyways we asked him if he wanted to help us with some missionary work it was a long shot since he's here visiting his mom for the week but he said YES! The Elders, my companions and I along with Adrian and Patryk did the coolest thing ever! It doesn’t quite beat ping pong but its a close second! We drew the plan of salvation on the sidewalk in sidewalk chalk and it was HUGE! We wrote questions of the soul on a white board and just taught everyone about the plan!!! It was so awesome!! People stopped for and we could teach them the plan by showing it to them on the sidewalk!!! So COOL! Patryk was the coolest. He served his mission in Scotland and Ireland... I know!.. He was so fearless! He talked to EVERYONE. He taught simply and asked everyone for referrals and we had a blast! He taught us so much! It really made me think about the people we need to have here in Poland. Sadly he lives in England and he’s going to be living in Utah when he’s married to his fiancée. But that is exactly the kind of people we need here in Poland! He taught so many people! He showed up in missionary attire and he was so ready! ON HIS VACATION! That is how I want to be after my mission. I never want to stop doing missionary work. I want to help the missionaries out a ton! It was so great! We all had lunch and ice cream and he went back to England but definitely taught us a lot and gave us a boost. We needed it after last week!

I actually taught 2 lessons all by myself! One guy may or may not have been homeless but he was super nice!! We always have success when we do something creative like that! We just need more ideas! Anyways it was great and lots of fun and better yet SUCCESSFUL! That was like the best part of the week!

It was also 40 degrees that day and I thought I was going to DIE! Especially cause we were outside talking to everyone! But I survived! Ok well I got heat stroke but it was minor. What a blessing! You know how bad I am in the heat.. its a good thing I didn’t even know how hot it was! On Saturday it rained! We sang praises and danced in the street while Sister Packard waited under the bridge because her poor shoes get soaked but then it started to pour so we went under the bridge too and had to wait it out but its a lot cooler now thank goodness!

On Saturday we were making our regular calls for church and we decided to call George (investigator from Kenya) one more time. We haven’t been able to get a hold of him for a long time. When I called I was relaxing on the couch in the church talking to my companions and not expecting him to answer when HE ANSWERED!  I was so shocked I didn’t even know what to do! So naturally I started talking to him and he apologized for not answering or calling in so long. He explained that he had some things going on in his life that were causing him a lot of grieve and stress. He didn’t know what to do or how to call us because it had been so long and he felt bad. He lost his apartment in Katowice and moved an hour away and he may be going to Warsaw or he may be going back to Kenya, lots of uncertainty!!  I was able to just tell him we were thinking about him and praying for him. I shared with him how I know life is hard but that this gospel can help him in his life. I also shared my testimony of how much this gospel has blessed my life and made me so happy and he said he still really wants to learn about the church. I know he felt the spirit again when we were talking and it MADE MY WHOLE DAY! George!!! He’s not lost!! So in about a month we will know his situation but were going to call him this week and give him some scriptures that will help him and just let him know were here! He was so thankful. It was amazing and he thanked me so many times. He doesn’t really have any friends here in Poland and I think it meant a lot to him to have people care about him! What a blessing!

We still don’t have any investigators yet but we are still looking!! Meanwhile, the Elders investigator Chris is really progressing!! He is the best. On Wednesday I was showing him all my pictures and telling him about my life and after I went through all of them he was like why are you so happy? I was able to really tell him why sincerely and that is the gospel of Jesus Christ has changed my life and made me happier than I ever knew possible. I’m happy because I know who I am and my purpose in life and everyday I get to be here in Poland and share this wonderful message with everyone! Then he asked me why we needed the book of Mormon because he can find a lot of the same things in the bible. I simply told him why we needed it and why God gave it to us and I shared my testimony of its truthfulness and invited him to keep reading it and to pray about it. He said he would and thanked me. The next day the Elders had a lesson with him. He told them all about our conversation and how he loves how happy I am and how simply I teach things to him and how much he appreciated it! He said he saw me like his daughter. The Elders told me all of this and I almost cried! Because even though I am not teaching him I am still able to share with him and with others this beautiful message. You never know how the Lord is going to use you so you always have to be ready.
Yesterday I was sitting with Chris and Elder Wilson in church and I shared with him the scripture I shared with you last week the one from the bible but the polish one is translated differently!! I was so sad and I disappointed that it didn’t have the same meaning once it was translated. After Relief Society Chris came and told me he and Elder Wilson found a better scripture for me! Psalms 100 verse 2 ... I looked it up in English and its a little different but in polish its talking about serving with joy and laughter and they picked it out just for me. I was so touched! I really felt so much love!

Virginia had us over with her friend Teresa and we watched Our Search for Happiness with them and gave Teresa a book of Mormon!!

The electricity just went out so I can’t finish the email. I will talk to you next week. I love you so much! Have a great week!! Keep true to your faith!! xoxox

Kocham cię bardzo!!

Siostra Pearson

1 comment:

  1. "You never know how the Lord is going to use you so you always have to be ready." Love that! Love Hailey! I look forward to her weekly emails :)

    ReplyDelete