Monday 5 August 2013

August 5th 2013 -The hardest week of my mission so far

This week, phew where do I even begin!

Well it’s been a little rough, on Monday we just about died…for real It was 42 degrees. We were trying to get to the mall so we could be in the A/C but all the trams were broken. So in defeat and frustration we went to pizza hut because they would have to have A/C... they didn’t!!! We ate, got some ice cream and we were walking back to the chapel when.. WE SAW OLA it was amazing! We talked to her and she said we had to talk about her "problem". She said she would come to our meeting on Friday.
Let me make this part of the story very clear I know that God changed our plans that day and made everything possible so we could be put in her path. It was a miracle that we saw her. I know that He made that possible. That was only by Him. Alright so then the rest of the story isn’t quite as cool. We were SO PUMPED all week long. We were just waiting for Friday. When we saw her she hugged us so strong and was so firm. She looked right at us and said Friday Friday Friday! We will meet and we will work through my problem. We were praying so much that we would know how to help her. I don’t think I have every prayed for one person so much before. We were so nervous but so excited!! Ola was back! We would finally know what happened! and then Friday came and Ola.. well she didn’t. Words cannot describe what happened after that. I have not felt that type of sadness on my mission thus far and actually ever in my life.
We just sat there in silence for like a half hour. Didn’t even notice the time passing. Then we all prayed separately in different rooms and that’s when the tears were flowing! Sister Packard’s Dad told her something once though. he said, "the more you understand the gospel, the harder it is to see people reject it." and that’s what happened. I was able to not only feel my sorrow but feel a glimpse of the sorrow God was feeling and it was a lot of emotions.

But we picked ourselves up and went out contacting on the streets. Because we are here to find the people God is preparing to receive his gospel. They are here there is no doubt about that in my mind! Even though it was one of the hardest things ever we can’t dwell on the negative things we need to move on and do what we are here to do!

Sadly the people out on the streets were not very receptive this week either. It was the hardest week I’ve had on my mission thus far. But the most AMAZING thing of all is that my companions and I are still happy! Even though its reeeaaallly hard sometimes we still laughed, we still talked to everyone we passed on the streets and even though time and time again we were rejected we just shook it off and kept going! Kept sharing this wonderful message! And that is a testimony in itself. There is no way we could do this on our own! The Lord is on our side and He helps us everyday and gives us strength!

On Wednesday we did an English white board with the Elders to help promote our free English class. Right in front of the chapel where we do this is also a tram stop so about every 20 minutes it would fill up and then a tram would come and pick them all up and then it would fill up all over again. The Elders would go over there and one of them would bravely shout in English that we taught a free English course and then the other would translate and shout it into polish. Now to the polish people this was the craziest thing ever and then they would go and pass out our little flyers to all of the 30 people who were standing there and after watching them do it a couple times I said. I wanted to try! They all looked at me like I was crazy! Why would I want to do that! I’m still new and nervous and that is very not what I would be comfortable doing back home but I thought to myself WHY NOT! So I took Sister Petherbridge with me and she shouted it in English and then I would shout it in polish. It was one of the bravest thing I have done on my mission! I am learning how to be fearless and that will be a great attribute for the rest of my life! I was very proud of myself and we had a ton of fun!

I just wanted to share a couple things I learned this week first of all I found this scripture.

Genesis 21: 6 “and Sarah said, God made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me.”

It was so beautiful I almost cried. I know that God created me to be exactly how I am and that I am happy because he made me that way. I could just feel that I read that just for me this week. I may not speak the best polish or know the bible the best or whatever the case may be but I am happy. Siostra śmieszka is here and I take pride in the joy of spreading happiness! Yes I will occasionally giggle in inappropriate settings or burst out laughing when nothing even funny happened but I am who I am because God created me that way! It was very uplifting and brought me GREAT comfort this week!

That’s about all for this week! You just have to find the joy.

Love you a ton thanks for everything :)


Xoxo Sister Hailey Pearson

The Relief Society meeting where Sister Reed taught us how to make chili and cornbread
Our Family Home evening group


No comments:

Post a Comment