Monday 26 August 2013

August 26, 2013 - Singing with Angels

This week FLEW by! 
Last Tuesday we had zone conference and my mind was BLOWN. President Edgren told us that all of our guidelines would be coming from the white handbook now so that changed our mission a lot. In fact it like flipped it upside down! But I like it. Its like he’s preparing us better for the future. Because after my mission I wont have someone who will write out all the rules for me. You have to be able and willing to make the rules and follow them on your own. In fact the added freedom made me want to be even more obedient. There's a lot of trust and weight on my part to be obedient in order to have the spirit with me. So it is really exciting!! The mission itself is really changing too. He talked about being creative! Which we already started doing! and doing lots of service. Its actually really neat because the things he wants us to do is all the things that fit my idea of successful missionary work. Being creative, doing SERVICE, visiting less actives and working with the members! There’s a lot of excitement. It was a great time to be spiritually uplifted!! 
Speaking of being creative, on Thursday me and my companions oh and Elder Wilson and Neuner.. (we practically forced them to come with us) anyways we decided to try something else new. We sang in the Rynek... every city in Poland has a Rynek it is like the "downtown" where all the shops are and where ALL the people are. So we grabbed our things and went. I have never been so scared in my whole life. it took a lot of guts and I can’t believe we actually did it. We set up right in the busiest part and we sang hymns!! There was always two Sisters and one Elder singing and then one Elder and one Sister contacting and talking to people. We all rotated. It was AMAZING!! It was incredible. People starred, some laughed but more importantly some listened. Nothing brings the spirit faster than music and it was so great!!! We sang in Polish and some in English and it really got peoples attention! I actually taught one man all about the book of Mormon and it was just such an amazing thing to be a part of. I was so proud after :) I know that there were angels singing with us!! That was the highlight of the week. We also had a going away party for the Reed's (the senior missionary couple). This is there last week and we had like 40 people come!! and more than half were non members!! It was so great! The Elders in Sosnowiec are teaching these young guys. They are brothers of one of our members and they are all gypsy and they are so cool!! We taught them how to throw a football and they remind me of Amber and her friends. They are 17. Such a crucial age in life!! So I am very excited that they are showing an interest. I don’t know them that well but I am so proud of them already!! Virginia came with her friend Teresa and a lot of people from our English class and we had so much fun! It was so nice to have everyone there! We played a few games with them. One was an egg toss. Teresa was playing and she went to catch the egg and it landed right in her shirt!!!!! I almost peed my pants!! Anyways it was such a great opportunity to have people come and have fun and get to know each other!

I love everything about being a missionary. I can’t believe how fast time has gone already and I have just loved every minute of it! I learn so much everyday. The more I focus on others and serving them the more change I see in myself! I have never learned so much in my whole life!! I feel so blessed everyday and I know that I have been called of God to be here!!! 

I love you all so much and I miss you all the time! You keep me inspired and I will be looking for your letters!!!

Much love,

Siostra Pearson















No comments:

Post a Comment