Monday 10 February 2014

"Wilt Thou Be Made Whole?"

All right, so my week!!! It was a busy one that’s for sure! We went on an exchange this week! I stayed here in Warsaw with Sister Blake (from my MTC group) and Sister Stratton went to Łódż! It was a short exchange but we saw so many miracles!
It is like spring here!!! It was seriously so nice!! On Saturday it was 9 degrees!!!! It was just so happy and sunny and all the snow is like gone!! We had like 2 weeks of cold and now it feels like spring! It’s so weird but I’m not complaining!! We just walk everywhere instead of taking the trams.
So GUESS WHAT!!! On Thursday, I had to go to the train station to take Sister Blake there to meet everyone for the mission leadership-training meeting. This meant got to see Elder Lanham!! Elder Kotter!! And Sister Wendel!!!! It was a beautiful little reunion!!
AND THEN I was talking a ton with Sister Wendel and SHE IS SERVING IN KATOWICE CURRENTLY!!!!!  So we talked all about it and how everything was going. She told me all about Barbara!!!! She is doing really well and is going to AMERICA FOR PATRYK'S WEDDING! Her son! She is progressing really well and going to church and they talk about when she will be baptized and I FREAKED OUT!! I knew that Sister Wendel would take good care of her. I told her that she was going to help Barbara prepare for her baptism. The Lord has his own timing for everything and I just KNOW that Barbara is ready and I was filled to the brim with JOY!!! AND THEN GUESS WHAT ELSE!!!!!!!!!! Literally 5 minutes later I was still with all the missionaries and my phone rings, I didn’t know who it was so I answered it and IT WAS BARBARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed and freaked out and she was laughing and she told me that SHE WAS COMING TO WARSAW!!!!!!!!!!!! And that she wanted to see me! She is flying to America from here AND I HAPPEN TO BE SERVING HERE!!! WHAT A TENDER MERCY!! I cannot wait!! I am so excited to see her! I will take pictures :)

SISTER STRATTON CAME HOME TO ME!!! Praises I missed her so much!! I love our companionship! We have so much fun and I just love her so much!! It was a really awesome week! Like I said before the sun was shinning and people were almost cheerful!! We talked to some really cool people and I just LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!
Last night Sister and Brother Dresler invited us over for dinner!!! They are the sweetest people in all of Poland!!! We had so much fun and the food was so good!! They sent us home with a ton of it and I felt like I was serving back home!! Except we were speaking polish the whole time! After dinner we sang a couple songs for them!! Actually Sister Stratton played the piano and I sang for them. The spirit was there! It was beautiful and one of the most amazing nights of my mission!

It was a beautiful week per usual full of miracles and miraculous experiences that are helping me become that person I have always wanted to become!

I read a talk this week from the October general conference, “Wilt Thou Be Made Whole?” by Elder Timothy J Dyches It changed my life. It taught me about the Atonement and I was filled with a better love and understanding for my mission and for the Savior. Here are some of the scriptures that stood out to me and some of the talk I was most impressed with.
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30).
As we draw near to Him, we realize that mortality is meant to be difficult and that “opposition in all things” (2 Nephi 2:11) is not a flaw in the plan of salvation. Opposition, rather, is the indispensable element of mortality and strengthens our will and refines our choices. The vicissitudes of life help us fashion an eternal relationship with God—and engrave His image upon our countenance as we yield our hearts to Him (see Alma 5:19).
If you feel unclean, unloved, unhappy, unworthy, or unwhole, remember “all that is unfair about life can be made right through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.”3 Have faith and patience in the Savior’s timing and purposes for you. “Be not afraid, only believe” (Mark 5:36).
Be assured the Savior still seeks to mend our souls and heal our hearts. He waits at the door and knocks. Let us answer by beginning again to pray, repent, forgive, and forget. Let us love God and serve our neighbor and stand in holy places with a life made clean. The impotent man at the pool of Bethesda, the leper along the journey to Jerusalem, and Corrie ten Boom (a devote dutch christian woman) were made whole. “Wilt thou be made whole?” Rise and walk. His “grace is sufficient” (2 Corinthians 12:9), and you will not walk alone.

These were my favorite parts. Life can be hard but through the Savior we can find peace and understanding! I know that when I have something hard to go through in my life it is because I am learning to be a better person. I am given the opportunity to become more like Christ. I think if we all recognized that DURING our trials we would hardly see them as trials!
Read it!! Also I don’t have sound on the computer in this library but there is a new Mormon Message called “The Other Prodigal Son” I just watched the whole thing without any sound and I was almost brought to tears! So I am suggesting that you watch it, it was beautiful!!

Love,

Siostra Pearson

No comments:

Post a Comment