Monday 27 May 2013

May 27th, 2013 - My First Polish Home!

WELL CZEŚĆ TO YOU!

I had such an amazing week I don’t even know where to begin!! Well first off I GOT THE PACKAGE with the shoes in it! I actually got it this morning during our studies. They delivered it right to the door!! We weren’t even going to answer it because no one ever calls our domophone but we did and thank goodness because it was a package for me!!!!!!!!! I love the shoes!!!! They are so cute and Sister Packard sang a new shoes song while I danced around in them! They are super cute and really comfy already!! I haven’t been having my shin splints very much since my blessing and now with these shoes I’m sure they will go away completely!! I’ve been doing everything I was told! Certain exercises and drinking water and all sorts of things so thank you very much for these. I can already tell that they are going to do wonders!! I feel so tall and awesome!! Thank you for the letter!! I really want to serve in Krakow!! That is the place I went to when I visited Poland the first time and they JUST opened it up to sisters last transfer when I got here so the chances are good!!! Thank you for everything else in there too! The Elders are going to FLIP when they get the maple candies! But don’t worry they are more for the polish people not the missionaries!



 SO! Where to begin! I GOT MAIL! On Friday we had special training with President and Sister Nielsen.They brought our mail and guess what!!!! IM LOVED!!!! It was so exciting!! They had this huge stack and so I was dividing it and there were 3 for the elders and the rest was all for me!! I felt kind of bad but hey I’m still a Greenie! It’s to be expected! I got a letter from you and from Amber!! And the cd's!! and one from REAGAN!! Bless her soul I miss her so much!! And a postcard from my dear cousin Logan and a few others! It was just so nice to have a little piece of home!! 

So last P-day Sister Packard, the Elders and I went to go and play some sports together and when I say play sports I really mean goof off and pass a soccer ball back and forth so I was playing with Elder Dopp, Neuner, and Elder Smith. None of us were very good and so it was fun! Poor Elder Smith. I wish you could’ve met him! He cracked me up 100% of the time. He is hilarious and so goofy! He went to shoot the ball into the net that was being guarded by Elder Dopp and they both ran for the ball at the same time and kicked it at the same time. Elder Smith got hurt! So he sits on the ground and naturally I’m laughing because I’m sick like that (I get it from you!). So I’m helping him and I’m concerned but I’m also laughing and so was he we all were but then we realized he was actually pretty hurt so he’s taking his time and were now sitting on this bench and with a lot of encouragement and like 15 minutes later he finally takes his sock off so we can look at it and his ankle is HUGE!!! So we had to carry him to the doctor’s office. We found out that he totally broke his ankle!! And he had to go home!!! :( I was so upset. It was so unexpected!! We all miss him so much! But it taught me to make every minute count because you never know what will happen!! So sad!


I went on my first exchange!!! It was very cool to see how other people do stuff and I had to be BY MYSELF!! For like a whole 4 hours!! It was CRAZY! But actually kind of nice I’m not going to lie! I was so relieved when Sister Packard came back. I missed her! It made me appreciate her more being on an exchange with a different sister. I was glad to see her again!

On Thursday we were having a contacting competition where we just talk to everyone (like everyday) but we keep track of how many people we each contact. I went up to a lady and started to talk to her. Well, walk and talk and then she started speaking English! So we had a really good conversation. We talked to her for so long we walked her all the way to her house!! She showed us her garden and her yard. It was so beautiful!!! Granny would’ve loved it!! She told us to come inside!! MY FIRST POLISH HOME!!! This lady is so rich! Her house is huge! (for a polish home). She has traveled all over the world and her husband died about 5 years ago. She gave us a whole tour and said we could come back and teach her!! She also gave me some carbonated water so she is definitely my favorite!! We invited her to the BBQ we are having on Saturday and she said she would come!!! Her name is Virginia and she is so awesome!!! So kind and friendly!! We are hoping to start teaching her!!

On Friday we had special training with President and the missionaries from Wrosław came which means I got to see SISTER BLAKE!! My companion from the MTC!! It was so fun to see her and talk about the good old days! And to remember that I am not alone in this whole training thing! She is so precious! I miss her so much! She told me my hair was longer! And redder! And that I lost weight!! Holy moly could I love her anymore?

Saturday we had our first branch BBQ!!! It was so fun! Sister Packard and I had 5 OF OUR INVESTIGATORS SHOW UP!! Which is so amazing!! Thank goodness the Elders were there to help us talk to all of them but our branch is super cool! Everyone is so nice and understanding and I love talking to them all even though I can’t understand them and they can’t understand me! It’s like a constant game of charades!! But the Polish version!! It’s so fun!!

That’s about it for my week! Church was amazing yesterday as always and it’s so amazing to go and feel the same spirit even though I can’t understand what they are saying!!

Oh, we taught Sylvia finally and went over all of the baptismal questions. She isn’t living the law of chastity and we had to have quite the fun conversation with her but its quite a problem and were not sure what to do because she really wants to get baptized but doesn’t want to change so please pray hard this week for her.We are teaching her Law of Chastity on Thursday so I will have an update next week!!! She most likely will not be getting baptized June 8th anymore though :( this broke my heart by the way. You can teach these people and feel a glimmer of what Heavenly Father feels for them. It can be almost overwhelming the sadness, hope and love you feel for them. It has its ups and downs but this one was a down. So we will have to see! All in the Lord's timing of course!

About the chapter in Mosiah I was telling you about last week! I think it was 9? Anyways it’s talking about how the people go and they work and till the ground and build buildings and plant fields and do all this work! Then in the next verse it says they began to prosper and multiply in the land. And it hit me like a ton of bricks!!!! This is the work I need to be doing. The people in the book of Mormon always had to work really hard before the rejoicing and prospering and having families and babies! And that is what a mission is for me! I need to do this work and it is super hard. I miss home a lot and if I think about how long I will be doing this for it makes me want to hop on a plane! However I know that this is where I need to be and that after this I will be blessed and I WILL be given the promised blessings! It was comforting to read such a simple scripture and have it mean so very much to me! I love the Book of Mormon so much!

 I miss you all so much. I just love more than anything hearing about how you are all doing back home. It’s the simple stories and funny moments of home that make me feel comforted and happy so please always keep them coming!! Thank you so much! I love you sooo much and I love everyone! Thanks for the pictures! I miss you all and pray for you all the time!!!

xoxox

Love you!


Siostra Hailey Pearson




No comments:

Post a Comment