Thursday 11 July 2013

July 9 2013 - Poland is Amazing!

Let me tell you about my week! It was great!! I actually got permission to sleep on our couch in the other room so I’m not on the floor! So I’m sleeping really well! We even got me my own fan so I don’t die from the heat at night. You know how much I love my fan in the summer! So first things first. Our companionship of 3 is so great!! We have so much fun all the time! Sister Packard keeps me and Sister Petherbridge in line most of the time but between the three of us it’s a happy ball of fun 24/7. I haven’t laughed this much in a long time! We are powerhouses. We are going to do great things!!

So first of all the most amazing thing happened. We were contacting and as you know I contact mostly by myself now and so we were on our way home and I stopped to talk to this man and he actually stopped and listened!!! I taught him about the Book of Mormon and what it is and where it came from and how its changed my life and why I’m here in Poland, how I know its true because I read it myself and I asked God and He answered my prayer. I read my favorite scripture to him because he forgot his glasses so I read it to him in polish! Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and ahappy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are bblessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out cfaithful to the end they are received into dheaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

 I told him how happy I am because of the Book of Mormon and if he would read it he would be happier. We talked about my mission,Canada and the church. I invited him to church and I gave him a book of Mormon and I DID IT ALL IN POLISH ALL BY MYSELF!!!!! I was freaking out!! I talked to him for 20 minutes by myself in polish! I understood what he was saying. I just knew how to say things and what I needed to say next. I was truly felt the spirit actively working through me to teach this man!! His name was Jacek and it was theeee coolest experience ever!! My companions were so proud and so was I!! I prayed a lot after that and gave A LOT of thanks!! 


This week was just so great. I just love my mission. Each week I learn more and have more fun. I just can't say that enough. 

We taught Ola on Friday. We asked her if she knew the church was true and she said she thinks it is!!!! All of us were so happy and shocked we sat there with huge smiles on our faces and no one said anything for like 30 seconds. Then she kind of laughed at how happy we were and we invited her to be baptized and she wanted to know what that meant. Most people here have a different view of what baptism actually is because they were all baptized as babies so we were able to teach her about why we don’t baptize babies because it wouldn’t even be giving them a choice and all about the proper priesthood authority and then we ran out of time but she said she would pray about being baptized and she said she knows God will answer her prayer. She has so much faith and the spirit was so strong!! Its so amazing because a few months ago she was just meeting with us because she wanted to learn English but her heart has been touched and she is able to recognize the truth and the changes in her life since she’s been meeting with us and its amazing to be a part of!! We are teaching her tomorrow and are going to invite her again and extend a date if the spirit directs us too and I am so excited!!! I know she is getting baptized. mam wiary!! I have faith! So please pray for her!!

Saturday we went to KRAKÓW!!!! Where Kiko and I went before!! It was so weird! I remembered everything and everything we saw and how to get around and it was so strange! But so much fun!! I now know why my vision of Poland was a bit off because I went to Krakow which is the most beautiful place in all of Poland and everyone there is so nice and happy all the time! It’s like the Disney land of Poland! And then I got sent to the lovely ghetto in Katowice. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I love it here so much! Anyways we went with our branch because our investigator Ewa came. We had so much fun!! It was like a little field trip of fun! Where we got to get to know the members better and really bond with them. I love all of them so much!! It was a great great day!! We were gone like all day and I loved every minute of it!!

Monday, as you know we had zone training which is why my P-day got switched to Tuesday. We got to meet President and Sister Edgren again and they are so cool!!! I love them both already and I am so excited to see what he will do with this mission. I know that whatever happens will be inspired and the first thing he is doing is amping up the language. As a mission our polish needs to improve so we can be better for the people of Poland. Although it is a bit intimidating, he is absolutely right and I will do my very best! We had a great talk in my interview with him yesterday and I am so excited to have him here. It was so fun to get to know him and his wife and see some of the other missionaries! And then we had FHE (family home evening). Sister Reed made crepes!! It reminded me of home. 

I’ve made a goal to read a conference talk a day and I am learning so much! Every single one has something I need for my investigators, for me and for my future. I know that all of the speakers are inspired and are called of God. It is such a blessing to have their words to read and learn for all the time!!

Well that’s about it for today! I love you all so much!!  I miss you all and I pray for you

xoxox

Hope on. Journey on.

Love Sister P
Sister Packard, Sister Petheridge, Sister Pearson


In Krakow






No comments:

Post a Comment