Sunday 28 April 2013

My last week at the MTC & Tender Mercies


Hello Everyone!

So I now have 2 days left here in the MTC! I can’t even believe this day has come!!!
Well to start off I had probably the best week of all time here in the MTC!!!!!! Were to even begin!!
Tuesday was a good day! But I don’t really remember what happened. So we'll just skip to Wednesday!!!!!!!!!! The best day EVER! To start off the day we went to our last service day!! You know how much I love service!! The guy who runs the service is Joel. At first we thought Joel hated us and we didn’t feel that great about him either but we started being crazy nice to him and figured out his kind of humor and taught him some Polish. Before we knew it we were all the best of friends!! He was still sarcastic and grouchy most of the time but I started joking and being sarcastic back and it was hilarious!! He is why we all loved service so much!! So Joel started calling me Hermana Canuck. He served in Spain aka (Hermana means sister). I asked him if we could call him crazy Uncle Joel! He didn’t yes or no but I did anyways and you could just tell he loved all of us so much!! So we went to our very last service with him and we brought our polish hymnbooks to sing for him and we get there and HE WASNT THERE!!!! So service wasn’t quite as happy but another guy made a video of us singing and saying goodbye!!

Brat Tribe, one of our teachers, took us outside to play a street contacting game!!! Contacting is going to be hard but it was great practice and so nice outside.It was just amazing to do with my district! I just love all of them so much!!

My district (and the Bulgarians) got to be HOSTS!!!!! A host is the missionary who picks you up from the curb when you are dropped off at the MTC and takes you to your room, to get your books and takes you to your classroom and pretty much introduces you into the MTC. We finally got to be hosts on our very last Wednesday!!! So we all lined up on the curb just waiting for the new baby missionaries to come!! And then my very first sister came!!!! She was from Utah and so cute!!! I helped her with her bags and she said goodbye to her family and we were off!! It was so fun because I wanted to make her feel completely comfortable and just convey to her how amazing the MTC really is and how much happiness and fun you can have here!!
I think I did a pretty decent job since it’s my favorite thing in the world to be happy!! I loved being a host so much!!! We did it for the entire afternoon!! It takes so long so I only got to host 3 sisters but I loved all of them!!

To top it all off we ended the night with some tall time and some NIGHT GYM! Which is by far the best and I played my very last game of 4 square! It was only people from my zone!! What a tender mercy!! It was sooo fun!!

Then it was Thursday!!! To start off the day they OPENED THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!! ANOTHER TENDER MERCY FROM THE LORD!!! So for morning gym we went outside and got to play bocce ball and soccer!!! We had to play a sisters game but it was so much fun!! Just to be outside!! The day was already great!!!

And then the most amazing thing every happened. We were having personal study in our classroom and then who walks in. JOEL!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE FOUND US TO COME SAY GOODBYE!!! He was in California for some race but he came to our classroom and bore his testimony and told us all that he never really gets to know the missionaries at all cause they’re not here for very long and none of them get his humor. He told us that he really enjoyed getting to know us and he was so proud of all of us. He knew we were going to do great things in Poland. Then he told us that he loved all of us and he was really going to miss us!!!! It’s probably hard to understand but if you knew how cold his heart seemed when we first got here it would seem like a big deal!! I was so thrilled that he came just to say goodbye to us all!!! Yet again another tender mercy!!!

We taught our investigator Lidia for the last time!! She is getting baptized in a week!! We won’t be here ha-ha well it was all practice but it was so much fun! I loved teaching her so much!!! Then we had our last TRC ever as well!! It went good. We also had our very last class with Brat Tribe!!!! :( :( :( So we just had story time!!! He told us a bunch of stories about his mission in Poland and pumped us all up completely!!!!!!!!!! Like this one story where they were thinking of fun ways to contact people so they pulled out a ping pong table from the institute building and put up a sign that said, “free game if you win you get a prize”! People would stop and play a game of intense ping-pong with Elder Tribe and he said it was so fun! And they had a table set up with pamphlets and stuff and the prize was a Book of Mormon!!! How fun is that!!! And then... we had to say good-bye to him, it was so hard!!! He is seriously such an amazing person and such a wonderful teacher!! He was a great help to me words can’t even describe it!! We will all miss him so much!!!

Yesterday was our INFIELD ORIENTATION!!!! Which was actually very helpful and fun! It was ALLLLL DAYYY My companion, 2 elders going to England (polish speaking) and the triplets going to Bulgaria were in my group. We are excellent friends so it was extra fun because we got to be together for the whole day!!! I learned a ton as well!! We were practicing contacting and stuff, it was so much easier because we were doing it in English!!! Thank goodness!! It was like our mini graduation!!!

I got the snacks from you!!!! Thank you sooo much!!! Everyone loved it so much and I was actually very upset because I've been trying to eat good since all we do is sit all day long but I was like heck ya I’m going to have a KRISPY KREME!!!! They’re my favorite!!! And so one of the elders just got pictures from his family and he was showing me all of them especially the ones of his niece and nephews! And I turned around to got a donut and.... my district slash also some Bulgarians ATE ALL OF THEM! I almost died inside I was so sad!! But I will be blessed for sharing :) so thank you for sending them!
And that was my last week in the mtc :) It has truly been one of the best experiences of my life!!! I have learned and grown so much here and met some of the most amazing people on the planet!! I cannot wait to take the things I have learned here and apply them in Poland!!! I know I am going exactly where the Lord wants me to go and I cannot wait for the adventure that is coming before me!!!!!!!!

If I could give any advice to anyone going to serve a mission it would be to love every minute! Attitude is everything and I know without a doubt, that is why I have loved it here at the MTC so much! If you’re looking for the good and the fun and the happiness you will find it :)

AAHHHHHHHHH THERE IS A BIRD IN THE BUILDING!!! I THINK IM GOING TO FAINT OR THROW UP OR SOMETHING BAD IS GOING TO HAPPEN!! I HATE BIRDS!!! EWWWWWWW

Ok sorry thank you for everything you have done for me while I’ve been here and all the support!!! This Church is true!!

Love Sister Hailey Pearson

Brat Tribe & Sister Pearson

Our District with Joel the Service Guy
These are the best pens




No comments:

Post a Comment